Monday, July 2, 2007

Ra!

We went home this weekend, mainly to get one of the axles replaced on the Silver Hornet. That went quickly, so we were left with a free day on Saturday. The kids got to run around at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and the rest of us enjoyed great weather. Some more family arrived in the evening, and, after the kids went to bed, I pulled out Ra. My brother-in-law, Darin, had played before, but Cam and Jordan had never played. We sat down to play, and asked Dad if he wanted to play. Dad had never played a boardgame with us (besides childhood and party games), so when he agreed, I was reservedly ecstatic. I am very happy to say that everybody had a great time. It was wonderful to play with a full table of 5, with all kinds of interaction, comments, and verbal jabs. But it was especially great to play with my dad. I love my dad, and it meant quite a bit for him to sit down and play with us. Kind of like a Cardinals ballgame. Or Cornerstone. Thanks Dad.

4 comments:

Red October said...

yet another reason for us to inch back eastward!! i'm jealous.

Jaybird said...

C'mon home, homes. Man, we sure miss you guys.

caron said...

get yo stinkin' butts over to the 'NOISE'.

Red October said...

can't leave now...not while we're starting to pull together some gaming groups.

no, actually i could!!