Monday, July 30, 2007

Give me the money, ya filthy animal!

We went home this past weekend, mainly to check out a house. I was extremely exhausted, as work just ran me into the dirt, and Henry had not slept very well the entire week. But Saturday night, my little brother Jordan wanted to play Bootleggers. Cam graciously said he'd play, we called our friend Andrew, who brought over his wife, Jenny. As we were setting up the board, I asked my dad if he wanted to play. He said sure.

One of my most favorite things is getting to do things with my dad. I don't get to do them enough. But when he agrees to play a game, I may just be one of the happiest men around. The only thing that tops it is playing games with Audrey. But anytime my dad says he will play a game with me--that is just alright.

The game went well--I started to explain the rules, and people just wanted to play, so away we went. On-the-fly gaming is sometimes a rough idea, but it worked OK. We were around turn 6 (of 12) when I went from $3,000 to over $100,000 in two turns, ending the game rather unceremoniously. Everybody else paid too much attention to Andrew (as he was described by his wife as cut-throat), so I just waltzed on by. But I got to play with my dad, and 2 of my brothers.

And I am going to see them more often now.

No comments: