Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Confrontation: I am the lord

It was a busy night. After hamburgers on the grill, we took a walk & let our 4-yr. old exhaust herself on the walking trail by our house.; she has an insatiable love for "getting sweaty". We took turns pushing the other two kids in the stroller, while "Caitlyn", as she likes to be called these days, ran ahead as quickly as her legs would go. By the time we finished our mile plus route, her cheeks were bright red & her hair was wet with perspiration. A little friend stopped by & the kids did flips in the front lawn, played "tag", ate cookies, and had baths afterward.

I fed our 3 month old son & put him to bed, Jason took care of some correspondance, and by the time we were done with family time, it was nearly 10pm...our usual bedtime. And just when Jason probably expected me to say, "Let's go to bed", I confessed my recent thoughts:

"I've been working on a winning strategy for that "Lord of the Rings". Sometimes I think about it a lot."

You see, this game isn't a trivia game & you don't need any familiarity with Tolkien to play. It's a fantastic, quick-moving strategy game to keep the good side (Frodo) from getting to the evil side (Mordor). You have characters with different strengths & special abilities, and the real trick to winning this game is knowing how to move your players at the right time. Simply, a chess match. And this game, "Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation", just happens to be one of my favorite two-player games of all time. And it just so happens that ole Jason was bested by his night-owl woman, Bette.

7 comments:

Jaybird said...

The Dark Forces are hovering around our kitchen table as Bette sees Frodo to an unfortunate end. Well played sweetheart. Just don't count on that becoming regular.

caron said...

i'm as regular as a fiber one bar will keep me! lord have mercy on the boy with the fresh home haircut!

Red October said...

i got your ring right here.

caron said...

Red, let's keep it clean. Otherwise, I will send the Uruk-Hai to defile your site. Bugger.

Red October said...

i got the Uruk...

caron said...

Jason wrote that last comment...not me! I don't speak geek.

Jaybird said...

She don't speak Geek. Hmm.