Monday, May 21, 2007

ACQUIRE

If you are at all interested in entertainment that requires you to think and enjoy yourself, then this is the game that you must find to play with someone. Acquire is an American classic that knows no equal. It is so rich, so engaging, and so close to perfection that you must play it to appreciate it. I tracked down the cool-looking version, and I must say that, though it is my most expensive game, it is worth every penny. Any boardgame site you care to look at will list it as one of the all-time greats, if not the greatest. It was introduced in 1962, and has been re-issued throughout the years, with the most recent (1999) version being the favorite.

Find it and play it. I got completely buried the first time I played it. And I absolutely loved it. If there ever was a game that was both merciless and graceful, this is it. After the first play, it became my favorite game. I am gushing now, but I am not ashamed. It is worth the effort.

4 comments:

caron said...

i confess: you whooped my butt at corrie/justin's. just wait til we're back in the same city!

Red October said...

i would have smoked you had corrie not saved your butt!!

caron said...

red october...i will smite you, too.

caron said...

also...here's part of a conversation we had.

me: i think i'll like acquire once i understand it & can have my own strategy.

jason: you'll really love it once you win a game.