Sunday, April 15, 2007

OK, time for the first game

MR. JACK

I begin with this game for the simple reason that I find it nearly impossible for me to defeat Barb (my wife, whose name has been changed for protection). A difficult to find game, I am very glad that I sought it out.

The BASIC PREMISE: One person plays Jack the Ripper, the other plays an erstwhile inspector trying to apprehend Jack. Jack tries to escape by one of three means: escaping through one of two open exits at a corner of the board, eluding capture for eight rounds, or through a false accusation from the inspector.

I will post a longer description of the game later, but for now, all you need to know is that Barb has either escaped as Jack or nailed me as the inspector for each of the last 7 games. She has won several times as the inspector. I have never caught her as Jack. She is so cunning and sly, sticks to shadows well, which is why I love her. But one of these days, I will nab her and her red blade.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I heard you stuck it to that wily woman of yours. You're a good man Charlie Brown! (and handy with a hammer I might add.)